Canadian TV doesn’t always make our list of things to watch or the list of our favourite show but there are some amazing Canadian shows worth checking out if you haven’t already:
- Degrassi: Isn’t this in everybody’s list of guilty pleasures? It sure is on every Canadian’s. The show aired and was loved and watched over the span of a handful of decades. The characters were lovable. There was Degrassi Jr. High, Degrassi High and then a remake over the past 10 years. The show’s original characters and cast are probably the crowd favourite and the show was funny, dramatic and cheesy all wrapped into one fun half an hour package.
- Road to Avonlea: If you haven’t heard of this show, don’t worry, you’re not the only one! This show is underrated but is a hybrid between Anne of Green Gables and East Enders or Coronation Street. The show takes place in Prince Edward Island and is strangely addictive.
- Murdoch Mysteries: A juicy old school detective drama that has been around since 2008 and is back with its 11th season.
- Rookie Blue: Young police officers work to prove themselves in the force. The three main characters come from very different backgrounds and are very different people but the dynamic is so fantastic that you can’t stop watching.
- Being Erica: A plain jane – or average Erica in this situation, gets the rare chance to go back in time and undo some of her regrets.
- Flashpoint: A police drama that is set in Toronto following the high intensity crimes that the skilled group deals with from bombs to gangs.
- Schitt’s Creek: This comedy follows a wealthy couple who find themselves without any money and end up living in a small dead end town that was purchased by the family entirely as a joke.